RFC: ACPI namespace

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sat Jan 8 07:32:00 PST 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:17:40 +0000, Robert Wittams wrote:
> How about an allowed_frequencies property. This can have a list of
> single frequencies and ranges.  This can be done as a simple string:
> Examples:
> "1000-2000"
> "200,600,800"
> "200-300,400-500,800"
>
> (I don't think there is any more appropriate type for this...)

I may have dreamt it, but wasn't there going to be a list datatype? On the
assumption that I'm wrong, or this is more suitable/simple, what about:

Key: system.processor.throttle_frequencies (string)
Mandatory: No
ranges of the frequency of the CPU. Values are in MHz.
Note: Only valid if system.processor.can_throttle is TRUE

> This should be simple enough for anyone to parse... then HAL can ignore
> or error on any unmentioned frequencies.

Sure, lets the program make the clever decisions (PowerManager?)

> Rob

Thanks, Richard