improving digital camera detection

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Sat Jan 15 08:08:04 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 15:21 +0100, Pozsar Balazs wrote:
> massstorage.fdi:
>   This is a trickier one. If the USB device's interface indicates it
> is
>   a Mass Storage device, then we set the camera.access_method key to
>   "storage", BUT we do not set the info.capabilities or info.category.
>   This way, if the device is marked as a camera somewhere else, it
> will
>   have the proper camera.access_method key/value pair.
>
> libgphoto2.fdi
>   This is a bit ugly.
>   Basically, it is a collection of the usb id's of various digital
>   cameras known by libghoto-2.1.5. (It is though a much better start,
>   than the single sony_dsc.fdi...)
>   I have created the file using a little script, which I have also
>   encapsulated in the xml as a comment for later reference, so it
> won't
>   get lost.

libgphoto2 could provide this list as part of the package. We'd just
need some code to extract all the information, but I'm sure we can do it
as we already provide the list for hotplug.

That might include USB Mass Storage if I'm done with that patch I
haven't touched for monthes.

Hub
--
Crazy French - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/