ACPI and PMU nearly finished, but I want pretty HAL Icons...

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 02:24:33 PST 2005

Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I have an IBM T41 and access to another IBM R50p.
> So I can provide testing for these.

Could you please do a

$tree /proc/acpi

please...

Also if you could do:

cat /proc/acpi/ibm/{interesting key here}

and I'll see what the properties look like compared to the toshiba ones.

> For IBM  Thinkpads we can export hardware sound mixer levels, brightness
> levels, top led status, hotkey support, bluetooth, dock and bay status,
> and maybe some others.

Okay, but I want to get the core parts of procfs reading into HAL before we
start adding a bazillion different properties for a million types of devices.

I think I'll release early my standalone code so people can comment on the main
functions, before we get bogged down with detail.

Richard