ACPI and PMU nearly finished, but I want pretty HAL Icons...

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 03:06:24 PST 2005

Hi,

See bellow:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:24:33 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>> I have an IBM T41 and access to another IBM R50p. So I can provide
>> testing for these.
>
> Could you please do a
>
> $tree /proc/acpi

 tree /proc/acpi/
/proc/acpi/
|-- ac_adapter
|   `-- AC
|       `-- state
|-- alarm
|-- battery
|   |-- BAT0
|   |   |-- alarm
|   |   |-- info
|   |   `-- state
|   `-- BAT1
|       |-- alarm
|       |-- info
|       `-- state
|-- button
|   |-- lid
|   |   `-- LID
|   |       |-- info
|   |       `-- state
|   |-- power
|   |   `-- PWRF
|   |       `-- info
|   `-- sleep
|       `-- SLPB
|           `-- info
|-- dsdt
|-- embedded_controller
|   `-- EC
|       `-- info
|-- event
|-- fadt
|-- ibm
|   |-- bay
|   |-- bluetooth
|   |-- dock
|   |-- driver
|   |-- hotkey
|   |-- light
|   `-- video
|-- info
|-- power_resource
|   `-- PUBS
|       `-- state
|-- processor
|   `-- CPU
|       |-- info
|       |-- limit
|       |-- power
|       `-- throttling
|-- sleep
|-- thermal_zone
|   `-- THM0
|       |-- cooling_mode
|       |-- polling_frequency
|       |-- state
|       |-- temperature
|       `-- trip_points
`-- wakeup

> please...
>
> Also if you could do:
>
> cat /proc/acpi/ibm/{interesting key here}

 for i in * ; do  echo Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/$i ; cat $i ; echo ; done

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/bay
status:         occupied
commands:       eject

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
status:         disabled
commands:       enable, disable

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/dock
status:         undocked

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/driver
driver:         IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras
version:        0.5

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
status:         enabled
mask:           0x080c
commands:       enable, disable, reset, <mask>

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/light
status:         off
commands:       on, off

Values in /proc/acpi/ibm/video
lcd:            enabled
crt:            disabled
dvi:            disabled
auto:           enabled
commands:       lcd_enable, lcd_disable, crt_enable, crt_disable
commands:       dvi_enable, dvi_disable, auto_enable, auto_disable
commands:       video_switch, expand_toggle

> and I'll see what the properties look like compared to the toshiba ones.
>
>> For IBM  Thinkpads we can export hardware sound mixer levels, brightness
>> levels, top led status, hotkey support, bluetooth, dock and bay status,
>> and maybe some others.
>
> Okay, but I want to get the core parts of procfs reading into HAL before
> we start adding a bazillion different properties for a million types of
> devices.

I totally agree here.