configure does not find BLKGETSIZE64 + HD partitions not found

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Sat Jan 22 05:17:08 PST 2005

When I run the configure script of hal 0.4.6, I get this error:

checking for BLKGETSIZE64... no
configure: error: BLKGETSIZE64 is not defined

What could cause this problem? I'm using Linux-2.6.10-ck5 and
glibc-2.3.4-2mdk on Mandrakelinux Cooker.

With hal 0.4.5, I also have the problem that my hard disk partitions are
not found. Also, all information for the hard drives (such as vendor and
model) is defined as "Unknown". I think this is related to the kernel I'm
running, as IIRC this was working with 2.6.8 Mandrakelinux compiled
kernel. I've put the output of lshal on
http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/hal/lshal.txt
and verbose output of hald on
http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/hal/hal-verbose.txt