configure does not find BLKGETSIZE64 + HD partitions not found

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Sat Jan 22 09:14:57 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:47:35 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 14:17 +0100, Frederik Himpe wrote:
>> When I run the configure script of hal 0.4.6, I get this error:
>>
>> checking for BLKGETSIZE64... no
>> configure: error: BLKGETSIZE64 is not defined
>
> See if you can get a recent version of glibc-kernel-headers for your
> system.

There is this is my glibc rpm changelog:

* vr jan 21 2005 Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com> 2.3.4-2mdk

- update to 2.6.10 kernel headers
- add memory clobbers in asm-i386 syscalls as arguments may be
  pointers to modifiable memory and values need to be reloaded
  (e.g. _llseek() in util-linux)

Which version would I need?

>> With hal 0.4.5, I also have the problem that my hard disk partitions are
>> not found. Also, all information for the hard drives (such as vendor and
>> model) is defined as "Unknown". I think this is related to the kernel I'm
>> running, as IIRC this was working with 2.6.8 Mandrakelinux compiled
>> kernel. I've put the output of lshal on
>> http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/hal/lshal.txt
>> and verbose output of hald on
>> http://users.telenet.be/fhimpe/hal/hal-verbose.txt
>

> Please see if:
>   udevinfo -q all -p /block/hda

# udevinfo -q all -p /block/hda
device not found in database

> prints something taht makes sense. If not, run:
>   udevstart

Does not seem to make a difference (I already run udev btw).

> and look again. If you still get no meaningful output, try
> to remove any .udev* file in /dev.

There's only a .udevdb directory. Moving it and running udestart does not
change anything... Weird...

--
Frederik Himpe