ACPI/PMU procfs HAL test program. Version 002.

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 05:03:25 PST 2005

Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd <at> luon.net> writes:

> Hal always sends out a message if property values change afaik. Though this
> might be up for discussion as soon as we're going to monitor sensors and
> stuff, as that will cause a lot of dbus traffic (at least my lightsensors
> change a little all the time)..

Good, I wondered how the DBus event was triggered.

For the lightsensors, we could only perhaps issue an event when the value
changes by more than 10%, solving the dbus traffic issue.

You got any more information on your lightsensor please Sjoerd? How would
somebody query the value of the sensor on your machine?
Could you also please run my code and post the output please. You're the only
PMU I know!

Richard.