ACPI/PMU procfs HAL test program. Version 002.

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Mon Jan 24 05:23:36 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:03:25PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd <at> luon.net> writes:
> >
> > Hal always sends out a message if property values change afaik. Though this
> > might be up for discussion as soon as we're going to monitor sensors and
> > stuff, as that will cause a lot of dbus traffic (at least my lightsensors
> > change a little all the time)..
> >

> Good, I wondered how the DBus event was triggered.
>
> For the lightsensors, we could only perhaps issue an event when the value
> changes by more than 10%, solving the dbus traffic issue.

Yep, that's one solution. Another one would be to just send it out if somebody
i interested.

> You got any more information on your lightsensor please Sjoerd? How would
> somebody query the value of the sensor on your machine?

You need to get the info from an i2c device, so this will be an addon..

> Could you also please run my code and post the output please. You're the only
> PMU I know!

Hopefully i'm not a pmu.. I'll have a look today, need to do some other stuff
first.

  Sjoerd
--
One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.