Belkin 8-in-1

Bob Billing bob at tnglwood.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 09:41:48 PST 2005

David Zeuthen wrote:

> No, because we established there was no bug, right? What we do want
> to do in the future is to get .fdi files like the one you sent
> so we can choose the mount point from that (e.g. choose
> /media/compact_flash rather than /media/usbdisk). I'll add that
> to HEAD when that is ready.

Can I make a suggestion here? Rather than trying to list all known
devices could we be more general?

If a device has multiple luns, and they are described by different text
strings, use the part of the string that changes instead of a number to
identify the slot. So we'd get /dev/usbdisk-sm /dev/usbdisk-cf and so on.

Practically that would suit me better. What I'd like to be able to do is
build something into my "digital darkroom" package that lets the user
select "import from CF card" or "export to SM card" with minimum pain,
regardless of the order in which the cards are plugged in.

On the subject of .fdi files here is one that mounts the Pentax IstD
digital camera as /dev/pentax.

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
   <device>
     <match key="info.bus" string="block">
       <match key="@block.storage_device:info.vendor" string="PENTAX">

         <match key="@block.storage_device:info.product"
string="DIGITAL_CAMERA">
           <merge key="storage.drive_type" type="string">Pentax</merge>
           <merge key = "volume.policy.desired_mount_point" type =
"string">pentax</merge>
         </match>

       </match>
     </match>
   </device>
</deviceinfo>

--
Robert Billing,                   Tanglewood,
01344-772849                      64, Pinehill Road,