Belkin 8-in-1

Alexey Morozov alex-hp at idisys.iae.nsk.su
Wed Jan 26 09:57:41 PST 2005

David Zeuthen writes:

> What we do want
>to do in the future is to get .fdi files like the one you sent
>so we can choose the mount point from that (e.g. choose
>/media/compact_flash rather than /media/usbdisk). I'll add that
>to HEAD when that is ready.

That was not my .fdi ;-). I have another card reader. Actually I can't
get results described in that .fdi, because the only visible difference
between slots in my card reader is slot LUN number (they have no special
labels etc). I guess my device looks like one described in
'20freedesktop/6in1-card-reader.fdi', so I failed to set volume
properties the way proposed by Bob.

Unfortunately I don't understand completely how to match keys not in
current, but rather in one of the parent scopes. Could you suggest how
to set volume properties using 'top device' approach seen in
6in1-card-reader.fdi? Or tell me please how I should match entire device
(i.e. card reader) properties (usb.vendor_id, usb.product_id) from
within 'volume level' (i.e. inside <match key="block.is_volume"
bool="true">)

Thank you in advance,

Alexey Morozov