Fails to umount

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Thu Jan 27 10:41:02 PST 2005

David Zeuthen wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 19:13 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>

>>In my case I can state that 2-4 are identical in a correct run and a
>>failed one. Number 4 differs because fstab-sync refuses to remove an
>>entry while it is mounted.
>>

>It's probably interesting to see the hald output of why unmounting
>fails in this case; does hald attempt to lazy unmount?

Can it do any other? I could only find one in the code and that always
has the '-l' included.
And as I stated before, it doesn't attempt to do even that in the
failure case since the condition 'volume.is_mounted' isn't satisfied. I
haven't had the time to study the design of hal enough to determine how
this can happen. No other tool tries to unmount the device, so it is hal
that screws up.

I'll send you a complete dump when I have time to run the tests again.
Be warned though, it will probably be huge.

Rgds
Pierre