Fails to umount

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jan 27 10:59:43 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 19:41 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> >It's probably interesting to see the hald output of why unmounting
> >fails in this case; does hald attempt to lazy unmount?
> >

> Can it do any other? I could only find one in the code and that always
> has the '-l' included.

Right.

> And as I stated before, it doesn't attempt to do even that in the
> failure case since the condition 'volume.is_mounted' isn't satisfied. I
> haven't had the time to study the design of hal enough to determine how
> this can happen. No other tool tries to unmount the device, so it is hal
> that screws up.

Uhm, unmount -l could fail. Theoretically at least. Another thing is
that you shouldn't just yank out devices without unmounting them, but,
yeah, I agree that a system should survice this. So does all the
interaction designers I've spoken with.

> I'll send you a complete dump when I have time to run the tests again.
> Be warned though, it will probably be huge.

Looking forward to that. Just cut out the relevant parts and it
shouldn't be too large. Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers,
David