Please merge procfs... :-)

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Jan 29 12:20:13 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 19:29 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > So, it sounds like we want to do try reading /proc/acpi/event first and
> > then fall back to /var/run/acpid.socket if that's not possible. This
> > should probably happen outside hald (as an addon) as opening the former
> > requires root privileges. Is the format the same?
>
> Unknown : I can't even do a read on this file:

IIRC, it's a UNIX domain socket, not a file, so you need to do socket
(2).
The acpid source will probably reveal if the format is the same.

<snip>

> Also, how would I launch an addon? Has the code in CVS got such a facility
> yet?

Not yet, but I've got a major patch (that adds the stringlist property
and
some regression testing among other this) outstanding that should make
this
pretty straightforward to implement.

Cheers,
David