Please merge procfs... :-)

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 13:19:41 PST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:20:13 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> IIRC, it's a UNIX domain socket, not a file, so you need to do socket
> (2).
> The acpid source will probably reveal if the format is the same.

Cool. I'll check, and start playing with domain sockets...
I think I can make the code work non-acpid and acpid using Pauls' cunning
plan of trying one, and falling back on the other.

>> Also, how would I launch an addon? Has the code in CVS got such a facility
>> yet?
> Not yet, but I've got a major patch (that adds the stringlist property
> and
> some regression testing among other this) outstanding that should make
> this
> pretty straightforward to implement.

Cool. stringlist was wanted for the cpu-frequency reporting and lots of
others, should make some people happy.

So I can test stuff, an addon is going to be a 100% separate executable
from hal right? I guess it will just link in the same header files as hal
itself.

Also, how would I go about searching for a specific HalDevice matching
parameters from *within* hal?

Thanks, Richard.

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY