Please merge procfs... :-)

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Jan 30 08:22:40 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 21:19 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Cool. I'll check, and start playing with domain sockets...
> I think I can make the code work non-acpid and acpid using Pauls' cunning
> plan of trying one, and falling back on the other.

Neat.

> Cool. stringlist was wanted for the cpu-frequency reporting and lots of
> others, should make some people happy.
>

> So I can test stuff, an addon is going to be a 100% separate executable
> from hal right? I guess it will just link in the same header files as hal
> itself.

Yes, it must be 100% separate from the hal daemon and it will use D-BUS
interface (e.g. libhal) to communicate with the hal daemon. If the addon
needs to do privileged stuff, my thinking is just to make it only
executable
by the haldaemon user and make setuid.

> Also, how would I go about searching for a specific HalDevice matching
> parameters from *within* hal?

The functions hal_device_store_match_* from hald/device_store.h should
do the trick.

Thanks,
David