platform, pnp and mmc bus

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Sun Jan 30 10:10:45 PST 2005

David Zeuthen wrote:

>>My point was that PNP isn't a physical bus. The devices located on what
>>linux calls the PNP bus might be physically connected to ISA, LPC or
>>something else. I figured that the point of HAL was to isolate
>>applications from how the kernel is designed.  Sorting devices by
>>physical connection seemed to be the logical choice then.
>>

>Right; I think we can safely put just use info.bus=pnp since that is
>how the kernel groups such devices. So, when all drivers are loaded
>do you get an entry in /sys/block? Does it have a device link that
>points to the device in /sys/devices?

Yup. I get a /sys/block/mmcblk0 with a device that points to
/sys/devices/pnp0/00:01/mmc0:affe.
So here we have two devices. The controller (/sys/devices/pnp0/00:01)
and the card (*/mmc0:affe).
The second is also found as a symlink under /sys/bus/mmc/devices. There
is no /sys/devices/mmc.

Rgds
Pierre