HAL 0.5.x & networking

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jun 8 09:00:58 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 08:48 -0700, Sean Meiners wrote:
> Ah, that must be it.  I'm using udev 056, but /sbin/hotplug appears
> to be the current multiplexor, I'll have to figure out who made that
> decision for me.  Thanks for the tip.

Probably the kernel - it sets /sbin/hotplug by default. In Fedora we
change that to /sbin/udevsend in rc.sysinit very early in the boot
process. I think some distros even turns it off by now and just relies
udevd catching kevents on the netlink socket (which is much much
efficient than forking a user space process for each and every hotplug
event).

Cheers,
David