[0/13] HAL support for Linux/390.

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jun 27 12:19:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 10:45 +0200, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I've been working on support for Linux on S/390 specific devices in HAL.
> The following patchset includes some non-s390 specific patches and support
> for the S/390 bus types.

Very nice.

> Patches 1-3 fix some generic issues I came across.
>
> Patch 4 exports an interface I needed for my bus implementations.
>
> Patches 5-7 add support for s390 bus types: ccw, ccwgroup and iucv.
>
> Patch 8 adds support for ccw block devices.
>
> Patch 9 implements a tape class.
>
> Patches 10-13 add documentation for the new bus types and the tape class.
> I haven't updated the .html spec file since docbook creates a file which
> contains a huge diff (unrelated to my changes) - not sure what I'm
> doing wrong here...

Probably nothing; the only reason we got the .html file checked in is
because of the fact that we can link to it.

> Comments are welcome!

I've reviewed all the patches and they looked good so I committed them
to CVS. I did make one minor change to "[3/13] Handle networking devices
with no mac address." - I've followed up on that mail other places. I
haven't had a change to test this yet on a s390 box but I plan to do so
shortly.

Thanks a lot.

David