Linux dependencies

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jun 29 12:55:52 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 11:48 +0100, Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've seen that there are Linux dependencies in the common parts of
> HAL. Currently I'm wondering what is the best approach to fix this problem.

Right, the common parts needs to be OS agnostic if they aren't already.
It helps a lot that we use glib here, btw.

>    I have defined two new compilation variables for my tests: LINUX and
> SOLARIS, and I have used #ifdefs to implement the equivalent of the
> current functions for Solaris, and to inhibit the inclusion of some
> Linux headers: scsi/sg.h, linux/hdreg.h, etc.
>   This isn't certainly the cleanest way to do it, so maybe we should
> think about to move that code in the OS dependent back-end. Thoughts?

I think it might be helpful to specify exactly where and what the
problems are, cause I don't see anything OS-specific in hald/*.[ch]

 [davidz at daxter hald]$ pwd
 /home/davidz/Hacking/hal/hald
 [davidz at daxter hald]$ grep linux *.[ch]

Thanks,
David