Linux dependencies

Alvaro Lopez Ortega alvaro at sun.com
Wed Jun 29 03:48:48 PDT 2005

Hi all,

   I've seen that there are Linux dependencies in the common parts of
HAL. Currently I'm wondering what is the best approach to fix this problem.

   I have defined two new compilation variables for my tests: LINUX and
SOLARIS, and I have used #ifdefs to implement the equivalent of the
current functions for Solaris, and to inhibit the inclusion of some
Linux headers: scsi/sg.h, linux/hdreg.h, etc.

   This isn't certainly the cleanest way to do it, so maybe we should
think about to move that code in the OS dependent back-end. Thoughts?

--
Greetings, alo.