[patch] make ACPI event call libhal_device_rescan

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Mar 2 13:32:43 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 20:49 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 14:22 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
>>I've committed this and added some more things so a DeviceCondition is
>>emitted for e.g. buttons. You need lshal --monitor to see it because
>>right now h-d-m adds too many rules to the bus if we also need to watch
>>for DeviceCondition's.
>
>Quality, but why only the dbg ("battery event"); for a battery event?
>For those of us that get a battery event every few seconds, it saves
>polling. Or do you have a cunning-plan?

OK, maybe it's just the ACPI code on my Thinkpad T41 that is broken; I
should test this on my Dell too. I've committed some code to do the
refresh on this event; it seems to work fine for me also when removing
the battery since I do get the events there. I've also added code to
poll every ten seconds so it sort-of-works even for my broken laptop.

David