Hal 0.5.0

Richard Hughes richard at hughsie.com
Wed Mar 23 23:53:02 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 20:20 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 00:07 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> > Here is new version of the code. Unfortunately I can only compile it
> > and ensure it starts - I still use hal 0.4.7 (dbus 0.23.2) - so cannot
> > fully test the functionality.
>
> I've now merged this with a few minor tweaks
>
>  - fix up property names to be in line with the spec
>  - match on USB device, not USB interfaces
>  - added an entry in the .fdi file for the Logitech Cordless desktop
>
> and I've tested it on said Logitech gadget; here's the screenshot
>
>  http://people.redhat.com/davidz/usb-device-battery-status.png
>
> As visible on the screenshot this device is a composite devices with two
> interfaces; one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. Now, is there
> any way to tweak the CSR reading code such that we can extract it per
> interface; IOW, are there any links to the CSR spec? :-)

David, having one battery shared between two devices isn't great from a
abstraction perspective! :-) I appreciate this is w-i-p.

A little point - don't we need:

battery.charge_level.rate = 0 (hardcoded to zero as unknown)
(Mandatory in HAL spec)

battery.charge_level.unit = "CSR"
(Should be mandatory in HAL spec in my opinion...)

Richard.