Hal 0.5.0

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:28:09 PST 2005

David,

> > I've now merged this with a few minor tweaks
> >
> >  - fix up property names to be in line with the spec
> >  - match on USB device, not USB interfaces
> >  - added an entry in the .fdi file for the Logitech Cordless desktop
Great! I just did not quite get - what's the principal difference here
between USB interface and USB device?

> > As visible on the screenshot this device is a composite devices with two
> > interfaces; one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. Now, is there
> > any way to tweak the CSR reading code such that we can extract it per
> > interface; IOW, are there any links to the CSR spec? :-)
:(( Unfortunately - no. I used some code from lmctl utility. I will
try to get docs though...

> David, having one battery shared between two devices isn't great from a
> abstraction perspective! :-) I appreciate this is w-i-p.
Is the keyboard battery enabled (wireless) too?

> battery.charge_level.rate = 0 (hardcoded to zero as unknown)
> (Mandatory in HAL spec)
Agree. We cannot say anything really about the charge level - so why
is it mandatory at all?

> battery.charge_level.unit = "CSR"
> (Should be mandatory in HAL spec in my opinion...)
Well, I would live it optional in the specs, not mandatory. If it is
blank (which would be the case for this addon) - it means it is just
'some unknown units'

Sergey