[patch] libhal documentation

Rohan McGovern rohan.pm at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:35:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 04:15, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I see that you added the Doxygen comments to the libhal.h file and there
> are some duplicates (e.g. libhal_ctx_shutdown has comments in both
> libhal.h and libhal.c). I think it would be nice to only have these in
> one place (I think, traditionally, one uses the C file as far as it's
> possible). Any chance you can clear this up?

OK, the .h file now has only brief comments, while the .c file has the full
documentation, I hope this is acceptable :-)  I have usually used the .h file
for doxygen comments, since sometimes the .h file is all users have, and I
still couldn't bring myself to remove the comments from .h entirely, but I
think it should be OK now; the brief comments in libhal.h aren't likely to
ever need to change, so there's only one copy of documentation to maintain.

Patch is, once again, available at
http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4722418/hal_cvs_doc.patch.gz :-)

 -- Rohan McGovern