G-P-M on the wrong track?!

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Oct 24 07:43:24 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 09:42 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> It's only supposed to work when the user is "at_console" which I
> expected to be transferred to the new user when doing a f-u-switch.
>
> Is there a bug in (fusa|pam|gpm|dbus) where the "at_console" bit is
> being ignored?

I think that the way this works is that for two users logged in at the
same time, they are both regarded as being on the console even though
only one is being displayed at the local monitor etc.

To me it looks like that we need is some kind of overarching service
that can tell various instances of e.g. g-p-m to transition from / to
states where the user it's servicing is on the primary console / not on
the primary console. That will also take care of nasty race conditions.

Cheers,
David