f-u-s-a causes problems...

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 02:29:06 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 10:43 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I think that the way this works is that for two users logged in at the
> same time, they are both regarded as being on the console even though
> only one is being displayed at the local monitor etc.

I don't think it does this now.
I think we need to have a definition on what "at_console" means.

Is it supposed to be:

1. user is sitting at computer with an interactive session, which gets
revoked if he uses f-u-s-a (and the new user gets the at_console privs)

2. any user *locally* logged in (using gdm, or f-u-s-a) has "at_console"
privs.

2. user has to be logged on locally using gdm, as opposed to f-u-s-a,
and the at_console is never revoked (which is what it appears to do now)

(1) or (2) makes most sense from a developer perspective.

Sorry for being thick, but I think there's a bug somewhere, and I'm not
sure where the bug lies.

Richard.