Multiple cdrom icons showing up in Nautilus

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Oct 25 06:42:25 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 04:53, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> Amazingly enough...for once yes I do.  attached is the relevant output
> from gnome-vfs-daemon with HAL_SHOW_DEBUG defined.  The device
> is /dev/hdc.   I can get more complete debug output if you would like,
> but this does show that the temporary device list is being acted upon by
> gnome-vfs-daemon.

IMO this is a bug in gnome-vfs-daemon and not in HAL. The daemon should use
the same methods as e.g. lshal use in monitor mode (from libhal).

If gnome-vfs-daemon use own functions to listen for device changes in HAL, the
damon should ignore all events/messages for temporary devices where UDI
starts with '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/temp/'. I think the bug is in the
filter function.

Cheers,

Danny