How to mount/umount partitions under hal

yaomaidongxi-33 at yahoo.com.cn yaomaidongxi-33 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Sep 7 19:52:55 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,
    'Coz hal takes charge of file: /etc/fstab via fstab-sync, I can't mount/umount a partition on my harddisk directly by adding/removing relavant lines in fstab. Now I create a new partition on a fixed harddisk and wanna mount it to a mount-point(say, /mnt/new_mount). How do I let hal know that a new partition has been created and shoud mount it to /mnt/new_mount? Also I want some partitions mounted only when I need them. How do I let hal know not to mount them automatically?
    I think it is a common question (How can I do mount/umount job mannually together with hal when hal takes charge of everything)but I cannot find it in hal's faq.