set-brightness and get-brightness

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:11:22 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 10:17 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 14:23 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > I propose making the scripts send and receive the values from hardware
> > (i.e. from 0..X), and then just scale those for the user in percent --
> > it's certainly easier this way from a developer perspective, and the
> > user can still be presented with a slider expressed in "%" in the end
> > program.
>
> This is fine with me but you need to patch the spec as well :-). I
> haven't reviewed the changes you made to the code, not enough hours in
> the day, but I guess we'll find out if it breaks something.

No need - the spec doesn't mention the percentage stuff as it's accessed
thru the SetBrightness and SetBrightness methods.

At some point we need to document all the method stuff -- if you do one
as an example in hal-spec.xml.in, I'll use this as a template and do the
others for you.

I've committed the LCD stuff btw.

Richard.