LCD brightness capability question

Jan Jockusch jan at jockusch.de
Tue Apr 18 02:15:37 PDT 2006

Hello Richard,

>Can you try the attached patch please. It was created using HEAD, but
>should apply to 0.5.7 cleanly.

It does. Even overlaying it with the Debian specific patches is no
problem (a few lines of offset, that's it).

>If it's successful then things should just work, and the laptop_panel
>capability should be seen in hal-device-manager and gnome-power-manager.

This is too good to be true. Laptop brightness control works like a
charm now in gnome-power-control. You're really fast! Thanks a lot! Feel
free to commit the patch ;-)

Completely unrelated question (or is it?):

Is the integration of "multimedia buttons" any issue in HAL? They are
quite important on tablet PCs (cursor keys and stuff like "Enter",
"Esc", etc.) and the hardware implementation is always different (in my
case, it seems the SMBus is involved, but I'm not really sure). If so,
is there anything I can do to spy out my system so it can be supported?

I'm just being curious. This is not a matter of urgency at all. I'm very
happy with your support already!

Greetings from Germany,

- Ján