hall and autofs

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 14:38:10 PDT 2006

gnome-volume-manager (or similar tools under KDE and other desktops)
handle the policy for mounting on the desktop.  For gnome there is a
program under System|Preferences|Removable Drives and Media where users
can click off the mount options.  Alternatively I bet autofs can set
flags in HAL which disallow the drive from being auto-mounted.  Ask on
the hal list (subscribe at http://lists.freedesktop.org).