hall and autofs

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Fri Apr 28 01:45:52 PDT 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 23:47, Kay Sievers wrote:
> The problem may not be that we mount the shares, more that we stat() the
> related mountpoints which causes autofs to remount the share cause, it's
> accessed. We may need to add logic to HAL to skip such mountpoints if
> possible. Ian, what is the content of /proc/mounts?

We do something like this already on SUSE. We skip check e.g. NFS mounts
because this can freeze the hole hal and applications using HAL freeze or
fail, if you have NFS stale mountpoints in the system and because we never
provide infos in HAL about NFS mounts (hence, we don't need to stat them).

I attach the patch from SUSE against 0.5.6. If okay, I commit the patch to
CVS.

Cheers,

Danny