udev and hal

samata talera samata.talera at yahoo.co.in
Sun Aug 13 23:02:57 PDT 2006

hi all,
i want to know how does the hald receive data from udev and what data does it receive? where is the receiving code? is it in the hald/linux2/osspec.c ?
why am i not able to receive the same data from udev when i deactivate my hald and write my own hald. i get problem in bindind socket.
one more thing is that i want to know the exact meaning of
RUN+=socket:/org/freedesktop/hal/udev_event
written in the /udev/ruled.d/85-hal.rules.
thanks......