Scanners in HAL

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:00:32 PDT 2006

there is an element of user select involved with some scanners don't forget,
where the usb id is the same but the firmware which is loaded is different
depending on the model and the only way to know the model is to ask the
user.

All extra information like a list of models should be available to HAL /
Sane so that if a new device appears which is not configured it knows how to
deal with it.

I'm working on a tool which would allow user input information about
hardware for HAL.

Best Regards, Martin Owens