General Question

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 06:45:42 PST 2006

Funny enough I had the same idea a while back, but wouldn't that
involve guten-print or are you dealing with something else?

My main concern is that I'm investigating sane/hal integration, but
unfortunately there is no way to tell two scanners apart that have the
same manufacturer and model id but require different firmware. this
then requires user input to select the correct model, unfortunately
without a serial the computer won't be able to safely remember this
setting.