start to improve "lot of devices" handling

Cornelia Huck huckc at de.ibm.com
Thu Feb 9 03:59:23 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:55:01 +0100
Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:

>   hal-10-hash-store-01.patch:
>   Chanes the hal device store device lists and attribute lists to hashes
>   instead of lists.

Did you manage to fix the problems some folks had with my older
property-hash patch? (I didn't have enough time to pursue that further,
sorry.)

>   hal-30-longer-timeout-01.patch
>   Starting with a few thoudsend of devices the current 250 second
>   timeout is to small for hald to initialize and it kills itself.

Hm, the 250 second timeout was bumped up to 250 by me :) Would it maybe
be a good idea to get rid of the timeout alltogether, and trust hal to
finish sometime? There might always be a configuration where a given
timeout is hit...

> All highly experimental and contains probably bugs, but works for me.

Works fine on my s390 LPAR as well.

Cornelia