problems with hal and flash drive

jorgp jorgpitts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:00:41 PST 2006

I am using dbus 0.60
hal 0.5.5.1
distro gentoo
kernel 2.6.15

I can not mount my flash drive with hal running
if I kill hal daemon, flash drive mounts and works perfectly

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0ea0:2168 Ours Technology, Inc. Transcend JetFlash
2.0 / Astone USB Drive

when I try to mount flash with hal running here is what dmesg says
usb-storage: device scan complete
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
sd 2:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x50000
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 230688
printk: 552 messages suppressed.
Buffer I/O error on device sda1, logical block 230656
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
sd 2:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x50000
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 230689
on and on and on...

but without hal, no error messages and flash drives works perfectly
I am at a complete loss.

please help me.

Jorgp