0.5.6 planning (Was Re: DBUS: at_console, no fallback.)

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed Jan 11 04:55:24 PST 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 20:10, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 19:07 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On a related note, when should we expect HAL 0.5.6? :-)
>
> There's a CVS snapshot from last night in Fedora Rawhide right now and
> things appear to be working well both for the storage and power methods.
> I don't see why we can't release 0.5.6 in a couple of days unless anyone
> complains.
>
> So.. does anyone have anything they want in before we release 0.5.6? The
> only thing I want to change is the removal of the volume.policy.* and
> storage.policy.* properties, or at least only include them when we build
> with fstab-sync enabled. Ideally, I'd like to remove fstab-sync and
> these properties completely - would anyone object to this?

I would prefer not to remove the volume.policy.* and storage.policy.*
properties for 0.5.6 (do you mean only remove from the fdi-files?) or at
least not to depend on install/build fstab-sync but to add a configure switch
for this fdi-file/properties.

IMO we should remove them first with a new major release (e.g. hal-0.6) but
please not with _this_ minor release.

At least we (SUSE) need this properties in 0.5.6, because remove them would be
a too big change in the current release state.

Cheers,

Danny