0.5.6 planning (Was Re: DBUS: at_console, no fallback.)

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Thu Jan 12 07:02:38 PST 2006

Hi David!

David Zeuthen [2006-01-10 14:10 -0500]:
> There's a CVS snapshot from last night in Fedora Rawhide right now and
> things appear to be working well both for the storage and power methods.
> I don't see why we can't release 0.5.6 in a couple of days unless anyone
> complains.
>
> So.. does anyone have anything they want in before we release 0.5.6? The
> only thing I want to change is the removal of the volume.policy.* and
> storage.policy.* properties, or at least only include them when we build
> with fstab-sync enabled. Ideally, I'd like to remove fstab-sync and
> these properties completely - would anyone object to this?

Since gnome-volume-manager/pmount-hal use these properties, too, I
would miss them a bit (they are not strictly limited to fstab-sync).

I agree that using gconf is totally preferable for Gnome. However,
removing these properties would remove the possibility of altering
mount policy for other desktop environments (e. g. XFCE with ivman).

From my POV it would be preferable to ignore these properties in
gnome-mount (or, rather, let the gconf settings override the hald
ones), but leave them in the hal spec, so that alternative daemons
like ivman and KDE's kioslaves stick to a common standard.

But yay for removing fstab-sync. :)

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?