Any possibility to get linux.kernel_devname?

Fabian Steiner lists at fabis-site.net
Tue Jul 11 08:55:11 PDT 2006

Hello!

I am currently thinking about the possibility to write a programm that
is able to mount USB-Sticks in an intelligent way: We have got a
multiseat system here where several users a working on the same machine.
Now we would like to get the USB-Sticks mounted automatically for the
user who plugged in the stick. In order to do this we need the key
'kernel_devname' of the 'linux' namespace. Unfortunately, this key seems
not to be available every time. So is there any other possibility to get
that information using hal?

Thanks for any hints in advance!

Cheers,
Fabian