how to check if hal is ready

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 3 13:14:01 PST 2006

Thinking further, we have the Rescan() method, which can be invoked on a
device. When invoked on a storage device, Rescan() will discover new
volume and remove stale volumes (e.g. if a disk was reformatted or media
replaced). It has to have a well-define behavior, and while the method
returns before rescan is completed, I think the rescan process should be
finite, i.e. it can't run indefinitely. Perhaps we could have something
like "info.scan_state" property, with values 'in_progress' and 'done'.

-Artem.