haldaemon just dies, how to analyse ?

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Sun Mar 5 15:11:12 PST 2006

> It seems like things just stayed the same. Perhaps there are things on my
> system that shouldn't be there, but where would I be able to find those ?

I don't have an FC system handy right now, other folks here are in a better
position to comment here. Different distros put things in different places. If I
really wanted to clean up my system from all traces of HAL, I'd search for
directories named 'hal' and 'fdi', libraries that start with libhal and
executables that start with hal, e.g.:

find / -type d -name hal 2>/dev/null
find / -type d -name fdi 2>/dev/null
find / -type f -name 'libhal*' 2</dev/null
find / -type f -perm +u+x -name 'hal*' 2</dev/null

You'll need to weed out false positives though.

-Artem.