haldaemon just dies, how to analyse ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Mar 5 16:13:11 PST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 00:11, Artem Kachitchkine wrote:
> > It seems like things just stayed the same. Perhaps there are things on my
> > system that shouldn't be there, but where would I be able to find those ?
>
> I don't have an FC system handy right now, other folks here are in a better
> position to comment here. Different distros put things in different places.
> If I really wanted to clean up my system from all traces of HAL, I'd search
> for directories named 'hal' and 'fdi', libraries that start with libhal and
> executables that start with hal, e.g.:
>
> find / -type d -name hal 2>/dev/null
> find / -type d -name fdi 2>/dev/null
> find / -type f -name 'libhal*' 2</dev/null
> find / -type f -perm +u+x -name 'hal*' 2</dev/null

So far I can only find files that are part of the RPMS that I have installed.

I'll try to find if anything is not from the RPMS, if so than remove it. If
so, than there must have been leftovers form previous upgrades.

I have not much time the next days, so may take some time before I report
back.

Thanks,
Marcel