libhal-policy -> PolicyKit

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 9 14:04:33 PST 2006

I'm being slow again, sorry. I think we agreed that a reasonable goal is
for the root password to be never typed by a desktop user:

> I indeed want PolicyKit to be able to auth the user against his own
> password instead of the root password and, for the record, I want this
> to be the default in the PolicyKit tarball

So users authorize with their own passwords (which they already did when
they logged in). How does PolicyKit daemon determine if a user can gain
a privilege he doesn't currently have?

-Artem.