hal-sharp / libhal C# bindings

Aaron Bockover abockover at novell.com
Thu Mar 16 08:40:22 PST 2006

My main reason for going the libhal route for the bindings was that
dbus-sharp were immature, and will be replaced with a new version in the
future that uses generics. When dbus-sharp was started DBus itself was
immature, and as it grew, the bindings basically started to rot.

The API for hal-sharp doesn't need to change, but when the time is
right, the implementation can switch to DBus.

So if you think it should be in HAL CVS, then I'm down for moving it.

Cheers,
Aaron