[BUG] : hdd led blinks constantly

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Tue Oct 31 05:31:14 PST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:18:17AM +0100, neologix at free.fr wrote:
> Hi.
> Well, the fact is that Redmond's OS, for example, doesn't do that.
> So it must be a hal issue, not an hardware one.

Uhm, no. There a things Windows typically does and things that hal/linux
typically do. The fact that hal/linux does something different doesn't mean
it's buggy or an issue. It just means that your hardware might behave different
then what your used to on Windows.

Now one thing that hal does and Windows doesn't is that it checks if your cdrom
eject button was pressed. Which might cause the blink on your system.

My TODO includes making a small program which does the checking the same way as
hal so i can check this theory.  If someone wants to beat me to it, please do,
i'm rather short on time these days :)

  Sjoerd
--
One monk said to the other, "The fish has flopped out of the net! How will it
live?" The other said, "When you have gotten out of the net, I'll tell you."