HAL device-tree walker

Brad Peters bpeters at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 11 09:55:27 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm attempting to gain access to /proc/device-tree data on Power, and am
considering a couple options on how to do so.  We are already consuming
HAL output, so the first option we're considering is mirroring device-tree
data into sysFS, then do whatever is needed to get HAL to integrate this
data.  Second, is directly adding the ability to walk device-tree to HAL.
Third is simply walking device-tree and leave HAL out of the process
entirely.

I'd certainly appreciate your feedback, both from the perspective of what
is good for HAL, and separately, what you believe is the best approach.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Brad Peters

IBM