problems with keymap entries in FDI-files

osma ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Sun Aug 19 01:38:18 PDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Carlos Corbacho <cathectic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, they really _are_ all needed for Acer laptops (and pretty much always
> for the same keys). I've had this confirmed through quite a few of the
> acer_acpi users (and I can therefore pretty much guarantee this even for
> the ones that didn't come through me).

Yep. What's funny is that on my Acer TM6292, the bluetooth keycodes
(both of them) are different than those apparently valid for other
models. Mine are e059 and e054 while others have used e057 and e058.
e059 in fact is brightnessdown in other mappings (but there's no
brightnessup at all?).

It also seems to me (unless I'm missing some detail) that the entries
for Aspire 3020, 3030, 3040, 5020, 5030, 5040, 3610, 3620, 4000,  and
TravelMate 5110, 5610 and 5620 are all the same. At least when I made
my 6292 mapping, it seemed to be the only one that was different. To
me it would make sense to merge these, but is there a way to do that
match comparison?

Alternatively, it might make the keycode mappings slightly more
readable if they were merged to a structure of mappings shared by all
models, and only treat the really different codes on model-specific
way. Or is it better to not even try to anticipate other models by the
same vendor, given than there are some inconsistencies in the
model-specific mappings?

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>       http://www.fishpool.org