problems with keymap entries in FDI-files

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Sun Aug 19 14:42:14 PDT 2007

On Sonntag, 19. August 2007, osma ahvenlampi wrote:
> Yep. What's funny is that on my Acer TM6292, the bluetooth keycodes
> (both of them) are different than those apparently valid for other
> models. Mine are e059 and e054 while others have used e057 and e058.
> e059 in fact is brightnessdown in other mappings (but there's no
> brightnessup at all?).

Yes, there is in the most cases only a brightness up _or_ down key. No idea
why atm, but it was the same for the machines I tested the last time.

> It also seems to me (unless I'm missing some detail) that the entries
> for Aspire 3020, 3030, 3040, 5020, 5030, 5040, 3610, 3620, 4000,  and
> TravelMate 5110, 5610 and 5620 are all the same. At least when I made
> my 6292 mapping, it seemed to be the only one that was different. To
> me it would make sense to merge these, but is there a way to do that
> match comparison?

Yes, there is a way to put all the same laptops together. I wrote already a
patch to match against a ';' separated list (wait currently for David to
approve the patch), by this we could put all the duplicated together to one
match.

> Alternatively, it might make the keycode mappings slightly more
> readable if they were merged to a structure of mappings shared by all
> models,

This would not work. IMO not a good idea. There are Acer machines which have
e.g. no unknown scancodes.

Danny