pm-suspend: should use quirks by default

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Dec 5 14:51:07 PST 2007

On Mi Dezember 5 2007, Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2007/12/5, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:

> > I support this feature request. It should safely fallback to not use
> > hal though, so pm-utils still works when hal is not installed.
>
> I guess it could actually work, if hal simply installed a pm-utils
> hook which runs first (eg 01hal) and pulls the information from hal
> and sets the global  QUIRKS variables.
>
> This would address the fallback issue I mentioned nicely.

My patch is available here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pm-utils/2007-August/000623.html

It uses /usr/bin/hal-get-property and in case the binary is not available,
nothign should be changed in the beheaviour of pm-utils. It does not make
using quirks default, but adds an option to use the hal quirks (and to show
which quirks will be used).

Regards,
Till